If it can meet the needs of patients, many of them seek to improve body composition by reducing the percentage of fat and increasing muscle mass. Body composition is divided into lean molecules (joints, muscles and bones) and fat molecules. NA Is it possible to reduce fat and increase muscle mass at the same time? Yes, but work is hard, exercise and diet need to be integrated.
- Gaining muscle mass requires strength training: there is no benefit to muscle mass without stimulation and without specific nutrients, based on protein. Strength exercise prevents muscle mass loss and energy restriction by diet;
- To reduce body fat, along with adequate energy intake, it is important to increase your energy use, stay active (6,000 to 10,000 steps daily) and exercise regularly (swimming, running, cycling, rowing, swimming , football, basketball.)., tennis, beach tennis). It is important that there is a calorie deficit, that is, that you are consuming more calories than you are consuming.
+ 12 nutritional foods for muscle mass
+ 10 foods high in vegetable protein: see list
Food quality and regularity in training are essential for muscle growth and weight loss – Photo: Istock Getty Images
11 Nutrition Tips to Lose Weight and Gain Muscle
- Food quality is important. It is not enough to count calories, the structure of your diet needs to be reviewed;
- Avoid fried, creamy, gratin and sauce preparations. Prefer roasted, baked, cooked (steam or water) with a little fried preparation;
- The protein balance needs to be increased and distributed throughout the day. Increase the portion of meals from four to six meals a day;
- Vegetable diets have the same effectiveness of gaining muscle mass as an omnivorous diet. Vegetable proteins: beans, lentils, peas, soybeans, edamame, tofu, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats, almonds, nuts, chestnuts;
- Focus on the quality of the embedded carbohydrates: prefer all foods, avoid refined foods;
- plan your week: whether you are eating at home, ordering in a program or eating in restaurants, there are always balance options;
- Manage the environment: buy food, distribute housing / workplace / bag / bag. Fill in your stocks;
- Talk about “outdoor food” on the weekends;
- Limit alcohol consumption, which has a high energy density. When drinking, discuss food;
- Protein supplements are mostly used to gain muscle: whey protein or vegetable protein (pea, soy, rice, almond), HMB, creatine. There is the right time and the right measure to be effective;
- There are no nutrients or foods that reduce or reduce body fat.
* The information and opinions expressed in this document are the sole responsibility of the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of ge / Eu Atleta.