In Ceará, the number of deaths for sighs jumped from 11 to 16 between the 20th and 23rd epidemiological weeks, which corresponds to the period from May 21 to June 13. The condition also represents a 45% increase in the number of deaths from the disease in the state. The report comes from the latest arboviruses report in Ceará, released by the Department of Health (Sesa) last Wednesday, 15.
In total, deaths from measles were recorded in five municipalities in Ceará: Barbalha (5), Juazeiro do Norte (5), Fortaleza (4), Boa Viagem (1) and Nova Olinda (1). Patients ranged in age from 21 to 93, nine being males.
Of the 185 Ceará municipalities, 132 registered certified cases were registered, and 15 had high incidence at 11 very tall. The highest concentration of high-profile cases was in the cities of Abaiara, Barbalha, Brejo Santo, Farias Brito, Granjeiro, Icapuí, Jati, Pedra Branca, Penaforte, Porteiras and Santana do Acaraú. In addition, 17 cities have average and 89 low incidence rates.
Sign up for POVO +
Get access to all unique content, column writers, unlimited access and discounts at stores, pharmacies and more.
Also according to the paper, among the confirmed cases of measles, 67.9% were between the ages of 20 and 59, with an average age of 40 years; 62.9% were women, although the mortality rate was higher for men.
In 2022, Ceará reported 96,600 suspected cases of arboviruses, of which 53,300 were dengue, 42,500 smallpox and 1,000 cases. The number of confirmations was 30,600 cases. Of these, 12,600 were recorded for dengue, 17.9 for smallpox) and 12 for zika. According to a report released last month, there was a 41% increase in notifications and 74% in the total number of confirmed cases.
According to the report, in relation to the cases thrown, so far, it is considered that the percentage is 34.8%, and the 33.7,000 cases thrown, the value close to the proven percentage: 31.6%, which is equivalent to 30.6 thousand cases. The paper also shows that the number of cases reported in 2022, compared to the same period last year, increased by 337% (22,181).
According to Sarah Mendes, executive secretary of Health Monitoring and Control at Sesa, among the confirmed cases of arboviruses, the most interesting are the cases of measles.
“Approximately 100% of these notices are derived from this disease. It is important to emphasize the role that the population plays in preventing communicable diseases. Aedes Egypt”Notes the secretary, who adds that 80 percent of mosquitoes are present in human settlements.
Look for symptoms of arboviruses
– A person who has traveled, in the last 14 days, to an area where dengue infection occurs or is present Aedes Egyptwho develops a fever, usually between two and seven days;
– A person who has two or more manifestations of the following: nausea, vomiting, rash, myalgia, arthralgia (joint pain), headache, retro orbital pain, petechiae, good loop test or leukopenia;
– A child who leaves or lives in an area with dengue infection, and a high fever, usually between two and seven days, regardless of the infection.
– Patient with a high fever over 38.5 ° C;
– Arthralgia (joint pain), or acute onset of acute onset, unexplained and other conditions, being a resident or having to visit a disaster or disaster area for up to two weeks before the onset of symptoms, or having an epidemiological link and case certified.
– Patient with pruritic maculopapular rash (manifestation of the skin);
– A person accompanied by the following signs and symptoms: fever, conjunctival hyperemia / purulent conjunctivitis, arthralgia / polyarthralgia (joint pain), periarticular edema.
Questions, Criticism and Suggestions? Talk to us