On the eve of main the women’s team for the first time at the Copa América, a competitors that’s price three World Cup and one Olympic place, coach Pia Sundhage spent about three years at the helm of the team.
The pre-match pleasant matches in Europe – in opposition to Denmark, this Friday, and Sweden, subsequent Tuesday – are one other step ahead in the work of the Swedish coach, who’s searching for reform not just for the nationwide team, however also for women’s soccer in the nation. in it. And in this work, one phrase is essential to him: courage. In an unique interview, when requested if he has been courageous these years right here, the commander confirms that he has been a hero.
– Yes. Otherwise I might not have stayed. I believe we now have a courageous group too and also you want courage to attempt various things, new issues precisely. And the stress, after all, is successful. So we now have to do various things to win as a result of we didn’t win earlier than and that’s essential – mentioned tactic Pia Sundhage.
Courage to redefine, by criticism and set up a new technology in the Brazilian team. The technician also talked about the departure of athletes who made historical past with a yellow jersey. He emphasised that women’s soccer has modified and this means the want for this trade.
– Relying solely on what we now have finished in the previous is also harmful. We can not at all times do that for 2 causes. The massive gamers are inferior to they used to be and the gamers in the world are getting higher, the sport is rising. Some new gamers carry totally different qualities, however they also carry a want to do various things. Strong, aggressive team. That was the solely method to try this, I believe – he assured me.
Techniques Also Sundhage, of the Brazilian women’s team – Photo: Thais Magalhães / CBF
The choice profile has modified primarily due to these international modifications in construction. The quickest team taking part in collectively, in accordance to the coach. For him, that is important for the sport system to operate and thus to have other ways of performing, totally different actions. Work is progressing in this course.
– Looking at the gamers on the discipline … quick, quick, ahead. Now we want to set up them in order that they’re on the identical web page and as a team when it comes to dashing, time to transfer ahead, time to velocity up. That is to be with the identical drawing. Prospects for the subsequent sport. But the new gamers carry in fascinating options. And in doing so we now have the alternative to play in other ways as nicely. And I actually like the new technology, so to communicate.
The Swedish coach also highlighted the variations between the Brazilian and Swedish athletes. In their dwelling nation, if an athlete loses a ball, every team helps to shield no matter place or standing, the team is cohesive. He discovered that in Brazil any such habits isn’t unusual. Another problem highlighted is that for those who fall exhausting, there are a lot of tales to guarantee a penalty kick from the referee. He seeks to cross this speech on the nomination: did he lose the ball, did he not win the foul? The purpose is to rearrange the ball.
I might not say it stunned me, however this query could be very totally different from earlier than. We have a saying in Sweden: if we lose the ball, everybody protects it. This is to assist the team defend themselves no matter whether or not your identify is Debinha or Marta or a striker or in case your identify is Rafa or Tainara. You shield as a team.
– Sindhage Sink
– When I went, that was essential and it was a method to present myself to be cohesive. We work collectively. And typically I really feel right here that it isn’t 100%. There is a little “wait” a bit. Another factor in my opinion is that you’re on the ground fairly often. If you get hit you sit down as an alternative of “okay, we misplaced the ball, we did not win the penalty kick, then let’s return and get organized.” I wouldn’t say it surprises me, however it’s one thing I don’t like. I really like honest play and check out to do your greatest. Do not attempt to deceive. Group participant. That means you aren’t inferior, you might be defending your self in other ways and you are attempting to defend your self along with your persistence. ”
Since his arrival in 2019, Pia Sundhage has undergone a number of administration modifications. In 2020, Marco Aurélio Cunha left the coordination of elections. Duda Luizelli took over in September 2020, being sacked in January this yr. Aline Pellegrino ended up accumulating position in addition to coordinating ladies’s competitions. Ana Lorena Marche was appointed team supervisor. In early June, one other change. Aline Pellegrino left the collected position and took on the position of women’s and males’s competitors, and opened a new break as Ana Lorena remained the present supervisor. In addition to the direct modifications, Pia Sundhage also witnessed the change of CBF presidents. In cost of employment, Rogério Caboclo was faraway from his publish due to allegations of harassment. Ednaldo Rodrigues took over the publish and, in March 2022, was elected president of the physique.
– As you already know, if you need to make a change you want time and also you want continuity. We now have totally different bosses, three totally different ones in three years. You take a few steps after which, okay, you get a new boss and you then come again and discover out what is going on on and that is the third time so we waste a little time. And on the different hand, I like change, however change comes from one thing higher or greater or deeper. Next time you’ll present whether or not it is sweet or dangerous. It’s troublesome since you lose a little little bit of continuity and I’ve to inform a story, what I can provide or what I can work on when it comes to growth, ”mentioned Pia Sundhage.
In the midst of change, work continues and with reform. The concept that’s nonetheless pending is the creation of a youth team underneath 15, one thing that was the concept of former coordinator Duda Luizelli.
– When you speak about creating the sport itself, one among our first video games was in opposition to Argentina, the gamers, the different is in opposition to the Netherlands. Different gamers to begin with, other ways to play. That is one factor. Try to carry in a Swedish company. I believe we’re extra organized right now and also a little little bit of American dedication, you’re employed exhausting and check out to assist the team and these three issues have modified in the final three years – he mentioned.
When it comes to soccer in basic, there are various different issues I can do with my team, however it is about order. We shouldn’t have a youth team underneath 15, it is barely underneath 17 and 20 years. We have a probability for that and we did it in Sweden and lots of different international locations have kids underneath 15 and so forth. For instance, you may have conferences with golf equipment, and coaches.
– Sindhage Sink
He also gave extra examples of his work in Sweden to give his opinion:
– In Sweden we now have yearly, we now have one thing referred to as “method” for younger feminine gamers. So, some issues I might do extra, however it is troublesome as a result of I want a company to try this. I’m simply a coach, however I can add issues not solely to the growth of the senior team, however also the growth of women’s soccer in Brazil. And that’s greater and takes longer. There is a potential for doing so as a result of there are expertise taking part in in this nation, so we now have to increase the bar and do it collectively.
After assembly the Danes, who’ve star Pernille Harder, presently Chelsea, Brazil will play a pleasant match in opposition to Sweden on Tuesday, 28, at 1:30 pm (GMT), which can also be broadcast on TV Globo and SporTV. The election leaves Europe the subsequent day, when athletes will likely be launched on a time without work. The Copa America tour will happen on July fifth. The first match in opposition to Argentina will happen on July 9, at 21:00 (Brasília time), in Armenia, Colombia.
Enhanced by Barcelona, Geyse Works with Nominations – Photo: Lucas Figueiredo / CBF
LOOK FOR MORE ANSWERS FROM THE COACH:
COMPARE WITH THE BEST CHOICE
– It is essential for me to play in opposition to a good team. So if we are able to play in opposition to the high 10 international locations all the time, I’m completely positive the team will likely be very robust and that’s a little troublesome as a result of there’s a qualification up entrance, you may have to plan for it to succeed. That means we are able to do our greatest to plan who we are going to play with in the winter, who we are going to play with earlier than all the time. We actually need to qualify so who will we play with? And taking part in in opposition to the greatest team, that is the successful method. You can ask any coach, like Sarina from England. They’ve misplaced, they’ve received, they’ve misplaced, however they’re used to a excessive degree of efficiency, and that’s essential. Sometimes you win, typically you fail in your journey to earn a medal
IS THE BODY PART BETTER THAN TOKYO?
– We try. It is obvious to me that taking part in in the quarterfinals in opposition to Canada in good bodily situation even when opposition comes in is perhaps higher. The Olympics are very totally different as a result of we solely have two days between video games. You ought to get well inside two days. Now it is totally different. In Copa America you may have many days between video games. That makes a distinction so we attempt to do issues which might be nearer to the gamers. If you play in Europe, for instance, they’ve a break now. If you play in England they’ve a nationwide team that makes positive they’ve sure camps whereas we attempt to help the gamers we now have in the United States, we will not have a camp. We have an ongoing league proper now. So we try to discover a method to assist each participant prepare to play a lot of video games in the Copa America and in opposition to Denmark and Sweden as nicely. To reply your query, I have no idea. Let’s see how they do it. We make a little distinction than final time
CHANGES ABOUT Tokyo
– How we comply with the gamers now. They are a sports activities team, however they’re people so that they want various things, for instance some want extra stamina, they want common operating, we give them an train program. If you reside in Europe, go by bus they want a break. They have their watches, we attempt to be shut to them and provides them suggestions. The most essential factor is communication. Checking is day by day. Our bodily health coach makes positive that “European” gamers who want to put together to win in order that their trip is over now
THE AMERICA CUP
– I actually hope that the gamers you possibly can see along with your eyes that that is essential. So every part you do on and off the discipline is organized and that takes you farther into Australia. I hope they’re wholesome and have finished their packages. If you play Corinthians, Palmeiras, no matter we all know they play and I hope they’re a good team they usually play with their hearts. In this nation I hear the phrase coronary heart fairly often in each track and I like that as a result of it takes you to the phrase ardour and that’s what you want if you’re a group participant or if you’re a star and need to win. subsequent sport. This brazen Brazilian if he’ll take that confidence a little bit. Sensitive for 40/45 minutes, for 90 minutes. But also these emotional issues in this space of the team are deliberate. I provides you with an instance: the ball is on the left and I’m taking part in on the proper. I really feel like pushing is essential. I really feel that my dialog with my defender is essential. It doesn’t matter if the ball is 5 yards from me or fifty. So this is a company, so these two further steps are essential. And if we do, we will likely be fantastic.